Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hi, My Name is Libby!

My name is Libby and I was born on October 20th, 2010.  I am what they call a "blonde" Golden Retriever.  Mama K (as I call one of my humans) picked me because I bit her earring off and grabbed her scarf off her neck.  At least that is what I hear her tell other 2 leggers when they ask her how she picked me out of such a beautiful litter of pups.  Truth of the matter is that breeder woman kept the kennel so darn cold, I figured I could wrap myself up in that long warm thing.  Anyway, In December, Mama K came to get me and put me in a big red object that jerked and shook and I hated it, and still do to this day!  What did I get myself into!  I ended up in a warm cozy place with a bunch of rooms and shiny wood floors where I could slide and skid around endlessly.  A place where I could push my head into a door and end up out in wonderful cold white stuff which I could play in forever.  When it was dark outside, she would put me in this metal cage-like thing that I grew to hate, not to mention cramped.  Oh, I fit inside, no problem, however it did not fit all the booty I would collect and Mama K and other people would continuously bring me - red balls, squeaky things, chewy bones, and plastic things.  I needed these with me at all times!  
I do kind of like it here.  There are endless things to explore and, with the exception of this metal cage and having to wear this awful colored thing around my neck with jingly pieces of metal hanging from a ring, I can pretty much do everything I like to do.  I've decided I will stay.  A few other older Retrievers at the kennel told me before I left that I should have a Plan B in the event I was stuck in a place I did not like.  I don't know what that meant, but I think it is really called an escape route.  But I think I'm gonna stay.  I've learned that when 2 leggers call me a lot of names like "adorable", "precious", "nice dog" and "sweet", it's all good.  I've also learned that I think I am blessed with an art to be called these lovable names just by tilting my head, sitting occasionally and following my Mama K around when she says my name "Libby".  I sure can live with that!  Now, if I can only get her to rid of that metal cage...
After I had been here awhile and learned that I needed to go "outside" before I went to bed, in the morning and after I ate, Mama K took me to this place where she would drop me off and I could play with others just like me all day.  With the exception of riding in that big red nasty machine to get there, I love it!  I hear her call in it doggie daycare.  It is fantastic, so much so, that I can bear with the one night a week where I have to be in a class with other dogs and listen to the humans bark out words such as "sit", "stay", and "come".  Mama K slips me little treats if I do what the other dogs do when she says those words.  So, I just glance around and follow everyone else.  How hard is that?  So, I get to go to doggie daycare a few days a week, run, jump, play with a bunch of other dogs and I'm lovin it!  Now, that it is hot outside, I even get to play in water.  Now, THAT is the greatest ever!  The man there Jamie even told her she needs to get me a pool at home because I love water so much.  I coulda kissed him because sure enough, she comes traipsing in this big blue plastic round thing! Wow!  Heaven!
Yep, I think I'll stick around here!  I've learned enough of the 4 legged ways that I think I'm gonna make out just fine.  Now, if I can just figure out a way to get to daycare without riding in that red machine... but I'm working on that...I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Woof! Woof! Golden Hello. It's nice to meet you. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete