Saturday, December 31, 2011

My New Year's Revolution!


Today, I'm thinking about changing my ways.

In the last couple of days, all of my mates at day care have been yammering about resolutions. At first, I thought they were saying REVOLUTION. I googled  that on my iPaw and let me just say that i was all FOR it. When I realized my mistake, I googled this other word, RESOLUTION, and realized, well, that that was a different matter altogether and, can I just say,  far less inviting. But, still, maybe I'll give it a try. No one seems to understand that I don't really want to insist on playing ball 24/7, nor do I want to destroy every roll of toilet paper that isn't under lock and key or terrorize that walking squawking creature that my human refers to as Izzy. I'd really rather NOT have the occasional accident in the house, which inevitably leads to my name being taken in vain. I don't relish the taste of shoes, especially the European ones (they taste like chicken), and really, you can only baste so many rawhides in soil and bring them proudly to your owner's bed before it becomes tiresome. So, do I WANT to change? Sure, but this is my nature, and as they say, "A leopard can't change it's spots," and in this case, a golden can't change its, well, goldenness. With all that said, my New Year's revolution, er, I mean RESOLUTION, is to be true to myself...take me or leave me.

1 comment: